Since 1998, the Business Person of the Year Award has recognized the outstanding contributions of business people to the economy and overall progress of the Greater Travelers Rest area.
To be eligible for nomination, the business person must meet the following criteria:
- Current Greater TR Chamber of Commerce Member;
- Is involved with a successful business;
- Has been involved with either the Chamber or other community based organizations;
- Their work should support our mission: To foster economic development, community renewal, and a unified spirit to help make the Greater Travelers Rest area a more prosperous and beautiful place in which to live and work;
- Someone who models excellence in everything they do.
An independent panel from a neighboring Chamber of Commerce will review the submitted nominees and select a winner.
Business Person of the Year is awarded at the annual awards banquet.
Nominate someone today!
Questions? Contact Sandra Stroud, Chamber President at (864) 414-1461
Past Business Person of the Year Winners
|2019||Brandon Brown||Schneider Tree Care|
|2018||Kathy Moore||Greenville Heritage FCU|
|2017||Joyce & Nancy McCarrell||The Café @Willams Hardware|
|2016||Andy O’Mara & Loren Frant||Sidewall Pizza|
|2015||Kem Thiesen||The Glade|
|2014||Carol Leavitt||Quick Books Helper|
|2013||James & Valerie Richardson||TR Tribune|
|2012||Dianna Gracely Turner||TR City Administrator|
|2011||Charles Harris||Quick Response|
|2010||Michael Batchelor||North Greenville Hospital|
|2009||Lance Crowe||TR Police Chief|
|2008||Jackie Poole||Icon Signs|
|2007||Diana Kilgore||Compu-Counting Inc.|
|2006||Ken Sprouse||Sprouse Accounting|
|2005||Bruce White||Bank of Travelers Rest|
|2004||Claude Thiesen||T&S Brass & Bronze Works|
|2003||Joy Judd||Joyful Creations Hair Salon|
|2002||Danny Batson||Classic Café/Classic Catering|
|2001||Cindy Kavanaugh||George I. Theisen YMCA|
|2000||Rebecca Cooper||Prisma Health|
|1999||Roy Reynolds||Reynolds Insurance/Former Mayor|
|1998||Steve Borklund||State Farm Insurance|